Harborside is a medical communications company based in Huntington, New York. The company sells advertising space in its publications to a variety of advertisers and media-buying agencies.
Harborside has developed these guidelines so that our advertising opportunities deliver the best possible value to both our advertising clients and clinical audience. Our goal is to maintain the editorial integrity of our products and the trust of our audience while delivering this value to our customers. Harborside also recognizes that the content and advertising marketplaces change quickly, and no set of guidelines can accurately predict every situation or issue that may arise. These guidelines will be revised and updated from time to time.
General Advertising Guidelines
The following guidelines apply to all advertising appearing on Harborside titles, including print, Web, mobile, video, and broadcast properties.
1. Harborside will not allow a relationship with an advertiser to compromise the editorial integrity of any of our products.
2. Advertisers are responsible for complying with all relevant laws, regulations, and industry codes, including health-care ads that are subject to FDA and other regulatory requirements.
3. Harborside reserves the right to reject or remove any ad at its sole discretion at any time. Approval of creative material is at the discretion of Harborside and its collaborating organizations.
4. Advertising should accurately reflect a product, service, or brand, without making exaggerated claims.
5. Advertising should be clear, understandable, professional, and authentic.
6. Advertising should be readily distinguishable from editorial content. At Harborside’s discretion, an advertiser may be asked to add the label “ADVERTISEMENT” to clarify the distinction between editorial content and advertising.
Harborside publishes a number of titles in collaboration with or under a license agreement with other organizations. In these cases, Harborside adheres to the advertising guidelines of these collaborating organizations.
Harborside sales representatives sell advertising without any influence on editorial content or timing of content publication. Print advertisement cannot be placed adjacent to (ie, within 5 pages of) editorial content on the same topic. Digital advertisements (on websites and mobile devices) are programmed to appear randomly; their appearance next to related content is strictly a coincidence.
Harborside makes every available effort to keep competitive product advertisements from appearing close to one another. In addition, Harborside attempts to rotate the placement of ads in their titles so that a product does not appear in the same place in each issue.
The following types of advertising are prohibited from appearing on any properties owned or operated by Harborside:
1. Indecent, vulgar, profane, or offensive content
2. Adult or sexually explicit products or services
3. Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia
4. Tobacco or tobacco-related products
5. Online gambling or lotteries
6. Weapons and explosives
7. Products from endangered or threatened species
8. Imitation or counterfeit goods
9. Suggestive endorsements by Harborside or its collaborating organizations
10. Hateful or violent sentiments against individuals, groups, or organizations
11. Anything else that may undermine the character and integrity of Harborside’s mission and brand
Advertisers and advertising agencies accept and assume liability for all content (including text, representations, illustrations, opinions, and facts) of advertisements printed, and also assume responsibility for any claims made against Harborside arising from or related to such advertisements. In the event that legal action or a claim is made against Harborside arising from or related to such advertisements, advertisers and advertising agencies agree to fully defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Harborside, and to pay any judgment, expenses, and legal fees incurred by Harborside as a result of said legal action or claim. Harborside reserves the right to reject any advertising that it believes is not in keeping with the publication’s standards.
Harborside is not liable for delays in delivery and/or nondelivery in the event of Act of God, action by any government or quasi-governmental entity, fire, flood, insurrection, riot, explosion, embargo, strikes (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slowdown, or any condition beyond the control of the publisher affecting production or delivery in any manner.
The ideas and opinions expressed in our publications do not necessarily reflect those of Harborside Press, LLC, or any of its affiliates. The mention of any product, service, or therapy in these publications should not be construed as an endorsement of the products mentioned. It is the responsibility of the treating physician or other health-care provider, relying on independent experience and knowledge of the patient, to determine the appropriate treatment for the patient. Readers are advised to check the appropriate medical literature and the product information currently provided by the manufacturer of each product or therapy to be administered to verify the dosage, method, and duration of administration, or contraindications. Readers are also encouraged to contact the manufacturer with questions about the features or limitations of any products. Harborside Press and its affiliates assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to persons or property arising out of or related to any use of material contained in these publications or to any errors or omissions.
Questions about these guidelines, advertising placement, and current rates should be directed to Harborside’s Sales Department (631-692-0800; firstname.lastname@example.org).